Why not commit to investing some of your time into gaining a closer understanding of a particular tree this New Year?
This can be great for both teachers/ leaders, other adults and for all children in order to:
- Improve your knowledge
- Extend your understanding
- Become more aware of seasonal changes
- Increase observation skills
- Learn to appreciate nature, sustainability and change
- Understand how the weather can affect species
- Develop species identification skills
- Improve sensory exploration
- Develop curiosity and inquisitiveness
The simple task involves you choosing a particular tree that is of interest or significance to you.
You can then download the prompt pages here to record your observations throughout the year.
Remember that these sheets are just starting points! You could stick them into a journal and add your own notes, sketches, photos and observations about your tree as the seasons progress. By the end of the year, you will be an expert on your special tree! Not only that, you will have learnt a bundle of new transferable skills, facts, observations and knowledge about nature.
Like this activity? Want more?
Teachers/ Leaders: Gain instant access to over 800 other topic & subject-related outdoor plans, ideas and guidance documents for just £49 (+vat) for a whole year. Find out more here.
Parents: Enjoy fresh outdoor activities every month for just £5 for a whole year. Find out more here.